Defensive Shotgun Training
The Defensive Shotgun is a must for serious shooters and those
wishing to develop defensive and effective techniques. The
tactics are comprised from realistic street and special
operations experiences. The course aims at malfunction
clearances, ammunition management, a greater awareness
of cardinal safety rules and the combat mindset. Students will
employ marksmanship skills from standing, kneeling and prone
positions. They will engage threats at close, medium and
Core objectives include:
- Become familiar with ammunition selection and terminal ballistics.
- Become familiar with patterning characteristics and zeroing procedures.
- Engage specific threats using slug rounds.
- Become familiar with shotgun retention and shotgun recovery techniques at close contact positions.
- Engage threats in the open and from concealed/covered positions both static and on the move.
- Engage threats until they are no longer a threat and perform post-shooting assessments.
- Engage threats using reduced light techniques.
- Learn how to field strip and function check their shotguns.
- Develop dry fire training techniques to maintain proficiency.
The goal of this course is to refine skill confidence and reinforce safe
shotgun handling skills. Student's walk away knowing how
their body will react to a lethal confrontation. They
understand how to prepare and if necessary, defend themselves in
a lethal confrontation and mentally deal with the aftermath.
Training is not expensive! It's life saving. It's priceless!